Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Partner by John Grisham

It turns out that Patrick was being helped by a Brazilian lawyer named Eva Miranda who is also his love interest I'm presuming from the context of the book. Anyways, Patrick got kidnapped by the private investigators and Eva found out. She was told by Patrick that if this situation were to occur, she was to separate the money he had stolen into 12 different banks of her choice (he doesn't know which banks) and to call the FBI and tell them that a group of private investigators are involved with Patrick's case and are planning to kill him. She tells the FBI that Stephano is the head of the investigation and, infuriated, two men are sent to Stephano's house. They order him to hand over Patrick or he and the entire team of investigators and their clients will be arrested. Stephano agrees and tells them to go to an airport in Brazil and wait for Patrick's arrival. During these occurrences Patrick had been totured by Guy and Osmar's team and told them about Eva and what had happened. Stephano told them about what had happened and ordered them to immediately take Patrick to the ariport. Patrick was patched up, drugged, and sent to the airport and was soon picked up by the FBI and flown away.

I'm predicting that the book is going to begin to start revolving around Evas perspective. The book is called the partner and I'm assuming that it's talking about her. I think that Patrick will most likely die and Eva will have to depend on herself to survive and run from the FBI. I could be wrong though. Eva could ge caught by the FBI early on and the whole plot could twist somehow.

The author is not bias at all. He does not favor any of the characters. Instead he talks with a neural tone and just explains what is going on and how a character feels at the moment. The only problem with this is that the reader doesn't really become attatched to any of the characters. He doesn't really go very deep into the character's emotions.

So far I'm enjoying The Partner, but I don't think it will be a very memorable book.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Fabrooski, this is your teacher writing.

    2/4 entries in blog.

    Your current strategy is to summarize the book for one big paragraph and to comment on your observations about tone, style, and strategy in two or so short paragraphs after that. This structure works well for your purposes here. Try to expand your observations paragraphs--you show good insight, but you are not backing it up with reasons from the text. This back-up will make your entries outstanding!

    ReplyDelete